Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep tissue massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it's geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage. This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
- Prenancy massage. This massage focuses on the areas of stress that parts of a woman's body undergo as natural changes occur with pregnancy.
- Infant massage. Gentle massage to soothe an infant and develop a stronger bond with the child.
We tailor the massage in our office directly to your needs and desires. Our goal is to help the body heal and we will utilize whatever techniques or pressure necessary to help your body heal, while at the same time make you as comfortable as possible.
Call Us Today To Book Your Massage!